Experience and Skills
• Live our mission and corporate philosophy on a daily basis:
Build Relationships and
Add Value Everyday
• Build member relationships that deliver value and demonstrate that
• Manage and prioritize their workflow for the day to day operation,
to maximize productivity and quality.
• Follow Mortgage Closing Calendar.
• Effectively communicate requirements and actively track the timely
receipt of outstanding due diligence items and coordinate resolution
of issues as needed to meet closing timelines.
• Review Title Commitment to confirm names match Encompass and
confirm all parties listed receive CD
• Communicate and work with Loan Processor to resolve loan issues
when they arise.
• Answer calls and emails from Closing Agents, internal team members,
and 3rd parties regarding status of loans
• Regularly monitor the pipeline and incoming volumes to ensure
• Insure preparation of accurate closing documents and instructions
including calculating and preparing documentation in partnership with
closing agent and analyzing all closing loan file documentation for
accuracy and compliance with regulatory requirements.
• Multi-task, working on numerous loans throughout the day, moving
back and forth between multiple responsibilities dependent on the
status of the loan
• Participate in compliance with process and procedures, as well as
maintaining high customer service levels for internal partners and customers
• Recommend suggestions for improving efficiencies within the
department by monitoring and identify trends, best practices, and
• Develop and maintain a strong understanding of mortgage lending
products, policies, processes, and required documentation for Investors
• Ensure all loans are closed in strict accordance with all guidelines
• Develop and maintain positive working relationship with co-workers,
internal and external clients/business partners, and vendors
• Works independently with minimal supervision
• Exercise appropriate judgment when seeking guidance, support,
• Responsible for related functions as required or assigned
• Maintain member and Credit Union privacy, security and confidentiality
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred
KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
• 1-year minimum experience in mortgage closing functions
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions
from groups of managers, customers and the general public.
• Thorough understanding of mortgage lending guidelines, laws, regulations
• Strong organizational skills and ability to analyze and mitigate risk
• Operates effectively in a team environment as well as independently.
• Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as
Microsoft Office software products
• Ellie Mae Encompass experience
• Perform any additional duties/activities assigned or needed by the business
• Standard office conditions
• May require long periods of standing
• Ability to lift 25 pounds in limited situations
• Long periods of computer and member interactions
This description has been reviewed to ensure that only essential
functions and basic duties have been included. Peripheral tasks,
only incidentally related to each position, have been excluded.
Essential functions, requirements, skills, and abilities included
have been determined to be the minimal standards required to
successfully perform the positions. In no instance, however, should
the duties, responsibilities, and requirements delineated be
interpreted as all-inclusive. Additional functions and requirements
may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is
possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate
disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which
may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or
which impose undue hardships on the organization.
The Credit Union believes that each employee makes a significant
contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited
by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this job description is
designed to outline primary duties, qualifications, and job scope,
but not limit the incumbent. It is our expectation that each
employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary
to ensure the success of our endeavors.
Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment
contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will
employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited
This Job Description is not a complete statement of all duties
and responsibilities of this position and may change with or