Experience and Skills
This position is responsible for supporting the Credit Union’s
applications, including production core systems, ancillary on-premise,
cloud-based, or website systems, and their integrations. The role
includes job scheduling configuration, monitoring for successful
uptime and process completion, troubleshooting outages or errors,
reviewing release requirements, and creating, maintaining, and
monitoring custom programs. The initial customers will often be other
Technology personnel in common support of our end users, the branch
and back-office staff who directly or indirectly serve our members.
The position needs to bring a keen eye to all results verification so
that quality control and data integrity are paramount throughout the
process. Oftentimes, this individual will need to communicate with
vendors to troubleshoot, coordinate, and review configuration changes.
The position will be the subject matter expert and administrator for
operational applications deployed within the Credit Union, especially
Encompass Mortgage platform.
- Provide direct application and operational support for the credit
union. Perform regular systems processing, ensuring accurate and
timely completion of data processing. Document, test and modify
computer systems to ensure optimal operation within the business
environment. Facilitate regular IT or Cybersecurity procedures such
as user access reviews. Consult with users to determine software or
system functional specifications and promptly resolve end-user
issues relating to business applications.
- Maintenance, upgrades and patching of credit union applications to
ensure latest and stable code levels. Monitor status of core
business systems supporting credit union operations. Identify and
diagnose problems and coordinate resolution. Define, document, and
initiate corrective action. Follow up on problem resolution and
report on status.
- Validate and implement solutions that enhance business operations
using a combination of computer programming or analysis principles.
- Review release notes for business applications to identify and
resolve possible issues, and to leverage enhancements as they become
available. Perform security patching and maintenance outside of
normal business hours in established off-peak time period.
- Ensure that users are kept informed of all system updates, and
that the IT Steering Committee is informed about new features that
may benefit the credit union.
- Routinely be on call outside regularly scheduled hours. Perform
other duties as assigned.
- Five to eight years of similar or related experience, including
- Encompass Administration certification is a plus
- Other Jack Henry and Associates certifications such as Synergy
Administrator, Imagecenter Administration, or Symitar Episys
Advanced Lending a plus
- Experience working in an office environment and navigating tools
such as Microsoft Teams and Outlook Scheduling Assistant
- User centered design principles and UX design best practices
- Ability to manage multiple work-streams, including emergency
support tasks, and communicate roadblocks or concerns for
maintaining progress on scheduled projects and tasks
- Ability to work well in a dynamic and changing environment, and
adapt quickly to new conditions and priorities
- Ability to recognize and define problems, research and establish
facts, and resolve issues and problems promptly.
- Ability to adhere to the Financial Industry, Credit Union, and
Cybersecurity/Data Privacy regulations to protect our members’ data
and our organizational reputation
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience providing direct support for end-users, and translating
findings from troubleshooting activities into clear descriptions for
- Preferred experience contributing to a project or release/upgrade
plan, coordination, or execution
- Preferred experience eliciting and formalizing requirements from
end users and crafting solutions that meet or exceed initial requirements
- Preferred understanding of programming and database concepts, and
familiarity with the Software Development Life Cycle
- Preferred familiarity with Encompass or FICS mortgage
applications, or API integrations
- Willing to drive efforts through to completion
- Approach work with an attitude of continuous learning and
improving; innate willingness to explore new technologies and concepts
- Quick to assist a fellow colleague and join forces to troubleshoot
challenging issues or brainstorm complex solutions
- Strong verbal, writing, and listening skills
- Ability to provide guidance and instruction to others
- Ability to work and travel independently
- Standard office conditions
- Low to moderate noise
- Limited lifting up to 50 lbs.
This description has been reviewed to ensure that only essential
functions and basic duties have been included. Peripheral tasks,
only incidentally related to each position, have been excluded.
Essential functions, requirements, skills, and abilities included
have been determined to be the minimal standards required to
successfully perform the positions. In no instance, however, should
the duties, responsibilities, and requirements delineated be
interpreted as all-inclusive. Additional functions and requirements
may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is
possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate
disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which
may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or
which impose undue hardships on the organization.
The Credit Union believes that each employee makes a
significant contribution to our success. That contribution should
not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this
job description is designed to outline primary duties,
qualifications, and job scope, but not limit the incumbent. It is
our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services
wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our
Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment
contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will
employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited
This Job Description is not a complete statement of all duties
and responsibilities of this position and may change with or