Experience and Skills
- Develops and implements talent development and engagement programs
for managers and employees, tailored to each department, that
improves skills, increases engagement, strengthens leadership, and
aligns with career and business objectives.
- Provides coaching and mentoring to managers and employees to
reinforce skill development, synthesize learning, strengthen
engagement, and meet career pathing goals.
- Designs and leads a comprehensive wellness program including
coordinating activities for employees, planning and implementing
classes, speakers, and assessments that promote wellbeing, and
continually improving the program in a way that also aligns with the budget.
- Analyzes trends in compensation and benefits; researches and
proposes competitive base pay within each salary structure to ensure
the credit union attracts and retains top talent.
- Collaborates with the talent acquisition team, as needed, to
recruit, interview, and hire of qualified job applicants,
particularly for managerial and IT roles; collaborates with
department managers to understand skills and competencies required
- Collaborates with managers and leaders on workforce and succession
planning needs and diversity and inclusion goals to proactively
prepare for staffing needs.
- Demonstrates thought leadership in building total rewards programs
and in addressing questions regarding total rewards.
- Partners with managers and HR to ensure job descriptions are
updated and have language that aligns with diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- Partners with HR leadership to develop and implement strategic
initiatives and process improvements; champions a culture of
continuous process improvement.
Education / Certifications:
College degree required or equivalent professional experience. SPHR
or SHRM-SCP certifications are preferred.
Five years of experience in human resources, management, training,
and/or coaching is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of effective coaching and training techniques to
improve skills, engagement, and leadership.
- Strong understanding of total rewards and wellness methodologies.
- Knowledge of workforce and succession planning.
- Knowledge of laws related to employment and total rewards.
- Strong understanding of compensation benchmarking.
Skills / Abilities:
- Coaching and training skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Effective leadership skills.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Ability to think strategically.
- Good analytical skills.