Responsible for organizing, planning and directing indirect loan
functions to maximize profits and growth. This position established
and implements departmental lending policies and operational
procedures consistent with overall company management policies. The
loan indirect department has responsibility over collateral
management, indirect lending through CUDL and Recapture/Refinance
venders. Develops new business and expands existing indirect
relationships. Ensure that lending activities result in maximum volume
with complete and accurate information. Analyze and evaluate the
effectiveness of lending services. Supervise, appraise and ensure
that all lending services are professionally delivered and members are
- Live our mission and corporate philosophy on a daily basis:
Build Relationships and
Everyday - B.R.A.V.E.
- Supervise Indirect Dealer Specialist
- Build member relationships that deliver value and demonstrate that
- Foster a positive environment through delivery of exceptional
- Ensure PMCU established goals are obtained
- Serves in an outside sales function as the main liaison with
dealerships to create profitable relationships
- Make sound and assist in underwriting loans, which meet
established lending requirements and provide maximum profitability
to the company with a minimum of risk, approve, decline or counter
offer loan applications within set lending authority.
- Ensure compliance with company standards and practices and State
and Federal regulations.
- Evaluate credit risk and monitor dealer paper for dealerships and
- Ensure lending services are efficiently and effectively provided
in accordance with established Credit Union policies and standards
and with applicable laws and regulations
- Participate in developing lending policies and procedures and
ensure that they complement organizational goals
- Ensure the effective performance of lending related services
- Maintain and develop relationships with Refinance/Recapture with
vender management and vehicles are sold in good condition.
- Monitor competitor’s rates, terms and recommend changes when necessary
- Market the indirect loan programs to auto dealers
- Ensure that the Credit Union's professional reputation is
maintained throughout lending and business transactions with members
- Ensure the PMCU collateral documents are tracked and received in a
- Manage and oversee expenses. Pursue cost-saving measures
- Keep Senior Management informed of loan activities, progress
toward established objectives, and of any significant challenges
- Complete required reports and related documents promptly and
accurately, and in compliance with Credit Union guidelines and
policies. Ensure the maintenance of department records and ensure
the availability of adequate services and materials to support
- Attend meetings as required
- Provide leadership to assigned personnel through effective
objective setting, delegation, and communication. Conduct staff
meetings as required.
- Assign, direct, and coordinate work, ensuring optimal performance
and ensure that personnel are well trained, effective and optimally
used. Instruct personnel regarding policy, procedure, and program
changes and ensure that they are well informed regarding related
legal and regulatory developments.
- Conduct performance appraisals and salary reviews as required.
Formulate and implement corrective actions as needed and ensure that
staffing levels are appropriate and human resources are effectively
utilized. Conduct interviews and assist with hiring as needed.
- Ensure that work area is clean, secure, and well maintained
- Cross-sell Credit Union services
- Assume responsibility for related duties as required or assigned
- BS/BA or equivalent and relevant experience.
- Thorough understanding of Credit Union loan processes
- Extensive knowledge of related computer applications
- Two to five years of similar or related experience
- Knowledge of underwriting requirements
- Knowledge of Certificate of Titles
- Knowledge in Sales and Sales Support
- Strong leadership, supervisory, and interpersonal skills
- Good organizational, managerial, and problem-solving abilities
- A high level of analytical skills
- Ability to operate related computer applications and business equipment
- Standard office conditions
- Low to moderate noise
- Limited lifting up to 10 lbs.
Salary Range: $59,005-$88,508
This description has been reviewed to ensure that only essential
functions and basic duties have been included. Peripheral tasks,
only incidentally related to each position, have been excluded.
Essential functions, requirements, skills, and abilities included
have been determined to be the minimal standards required to
successfully perform the positions. In no instance, however, should
the duties, responsibilities, and requirements delineated be
interpreted as all-inclusive. Additional functions and requirements
may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is
possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate
disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which
may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or
which impose undue hardships on the organization.
The Credit Union believes that each employee makes a
significant contribution to our success. That contribution should
not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this
job description is designed to outline primary duties,
qualifications, and job scope, but not limit the incumbent. It is
our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services
wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our
Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment
contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will
employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited