Experience and Skills
- Provide extreme focus member service excellence and ensure Credit
Union’s professional reputation is maintained.
- Ensure member requests, needs, and questions are promptly resolved.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of effective
and compliant Operations planning.
- Assist Senior Management with long and short-term Credit Union planning.
- Execute established goals and ensure that corporate-wide plans are
complemented and supported.Develop and implement Operations plans,
policies, and goals that further strategic objectives.
- Responsible for ensuring effective and efficient operations.
- Ensure that the quality and integrity of Operations programs and
services are maintained.
- Conduct periodic reviews of existing systems, products, and
procedures. Provide recommendations regarding improvements in
service delivery, processes, and equipment needs
- Evaluate the assigned region’s effectiveness through analyses of
branch activity, on-site inspections, and other measurable criteria.
- Ensure that all quality control functions are properly maintained,
including the integrity of records, database information, software,
and the validation of data processing products and processes.Assist
or pre-approve development and implementation of quality control
policies and procedures as needed.
- Assist with quality control of member statements and
communications. Review statement processing, operational activities,
and year end reporting.
- Assist with the integrity of tax reporting systems. Interface with
Quality Control, IS, Mortgage, and Auditing personnel to coordinate
activities including the verification of systems and year end IRS
reports and mailings.
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of loan and savings rates and
verifies consumer, real estate, and business loan rates in
coordination with the other Credit Union lines of business.
- Ensure that all systems are brought up to date in accordance with
established deadlines.Assist departments in developing quality
control standards and processes and ensures that quality control
activities are effective and in accordance with established standards.
- Ensure Operations activities are regularly and effectively
reviewed. Quality control procedures are appropriate and productive,
and corrective actions and suggestions are implemented as needed.
- Responsible for ensuring the effective administration of
- Assist with the create and implement operational policies and procedures.
- Develop, monitor and manage assigned budgets.
- Ensure the security of information systems and the recording of
all required documents and reports. Manage and implement special
projects as required.
- Keep Senior Management informed of Operations activities, progress
toward established objectives, and of any significant problems.
- Attend and participate in meetings and committees as required.
- Complete required reports and documents, including required
monthly Board of Directors reports
- Ensure Operation functions are efficient, effective, and delivered
in accordance with established Credit Union policies, procedures,
standards and with applicable laws.
- Supervise all assigned personnel, ensuring performance standards
are met.Provide leadership to Operations personnel through effective
objective setting, delegation, and communication. Conduct staff
meetings as required. Direct, schedule, and coordinate Department functions.
- Ensure that personnel are well trained, effective, and optimally
used. Instruct personnel regularly regarding policy, procedure, and
program changes.Conduct performance appraisals as required.
Formulate and implement corrective actions as needed. Recommend
changes in the status of Operations staff, including promotions,
transfers, and salary adjustments.
- Ensure that staffing levels are appropriate and that human
resources are effectively utilized. Conduct interviews and assists
with hiring personnel as needed.Review and ensure the maintenance
and accuracy of position descriptions and salary structures.
- Ensure senior management is appropriately informed of Operations
activities and of any significant problems.
- Provide suggestions for improved efficiency or effectiveness.
- Responsible for ensuring that professional business relationships
are established and maintained with members, vendors, the business
community, and trade organizations.
- Ensure that the Credit Union's professional reputation is
maintained throughout the organization and the community.
- Stay informed of trends and changes in the financial industry
retail operations field.
- Bachelors degree in business or related field, or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of check processing, purchasing, facilities, records,
security, and quality control procedures and programs
- Understanding of related financial services industry legal and
- Knowledge of Credit Union products and services
- 7-10 years executive level experience in Credit Union/Banking,
financial services, or related field
- 7-10 years prior executive level management experience
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and supervisory abilities.
- Strong project management skills
- Solid leadership and coaching abilities
- Well organized
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a matrixed environment
- Standard office conditions
- Low to moderate noise
- Limited lifting up to 10 lbs.
Salary Range: $99,067-$148,600
This description has been reviewed to ensure that only essential
functions and basic duties have been included. Peripheral tasks,
only incidentally related to each position, have been excluded.
Essential functions, requirements, skills, and abilities included
have been determined to be the minimal standards required to
successfully perform the positions. In no instance, however, should
the duties, responsibilities, and requirements delineated be
interpreted as all-inclusive. Additional functions and requirements
may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is
possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate
disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which
may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or
which impose undue hardships on the organization.
The Credit Union believes that each employee makes a significant
contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited
by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this job description is
designed to outline primary duties, qualifications, and job scope,
but not limit the incumbent. It is our expectation that each
employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary
to ensure the success of our endeavors.
Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment
contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will
employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited