The Sr. Help Desk Support position is responsible for maintaining,
configuring, installing, and troubleshooting all end user hardware and
software systems. Provides IT related customer service and technical
support to all users company-wide.
- Installs, upgrades, and troubleshoots end user hardware and software.
- Configures OS and software deployment systems for use by other
Tier 1 support such as WDS, Smart deploy, BMC, or Deploy Studio.
- Able to use standard scripting languages and automation tools such
as PowerShell, ADSI, python.
- Automates common processes to drive consistency and reduce the
time taken for common tasks.
- Creates and establishes processes, procedures, and documentation
for all Tier 1 Staff to follow.
- Provision user accounts and application access based on
established access levels and onboarding / offboarding procedures.
- Provide onsite and remote Tier 1 support for helpdesk tickets and
phone calls with the goal of solving the problem on first contact.
- Acts as a Tier 1 escalation point prior to being escalated to Tier 2.
- Keeps all hardware and software inventories up to date.
- Stays current with new trends in end user computing to recommend
device changes to support credit union staff.
- Responds and completes helpdesk tickets within the established SLA’s.
- Participates in the on-call rotation for the Credit Union.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of common PC hardware are beneficial.
- Knowledge of common desktop operating systems are beneficial.
- Knowledge of common helpdesk and desktop applications such as
Jira, O365, and Office are beneficial.
- Understanding of general TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, and client server
communications are beneficial.
- 5+ years of experience in a fast paced helpdesk role.
- An Associate’s degree in computer science or equivalent is beneficial.
- Experience scripting and automating common helpdesk tasks.
- Certifications such as A+, MCP, MCSA, and Office 365
Administration are beneficial.
- Superior analytical, planning, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task and be organized in a fast past environment.
- Exceptional customer service skills and willingness to help others.
- Promotes the credit unions core values.
- Ability to pick up new technology quickly and easily with minimal guidance.
- Able to communicate information clearly with all levels of staff
and management organization wide.
- Honesty, integrity, and transparency are required at all times.
- Ability to follow policy, procedure, and regulatory requirements.
- Willingness to participate in a 24X7 on call rotation as well as
work after hours as necessary.
- Standard office conditions.
- Low to moderate noise.
- Limited lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Weekly travel within Colorado is expected.
Wage Range: $24.40-$36.60
This description has been reviewed to ensure that only essential
functions and basic duties have been included. Peripheral tasks, only
incidentally related to each position, have been excluded. Essential
functions, requirements, skills, and abilities included have been
determined to be the minimal standards required to successfully
perform the positions. In no instance, however, should the duties,
responsibilities, and requirements delineated be interpreted as
all-inclusive. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned
by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is
possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate
disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which
may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or
which impose undue hardships on the organization.
The Credit Union believes that each employee makes a significant
contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited
by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this job description is
designed to outline primary duties, qualifications, and job scope, but
not limit the incumbent. It is our expectation that each employee
will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure
the success of our endeavors.
Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment
contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will
employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited