The Sr. Help Desk Support position is responsible for
maintaining, configuring, installing, and troubleshooting all end
user hardware and software systems. Provides IT related customer
service and technical support to all users company-wide.
- Installs, upgrades, and troubleshoots end user hardware and software.
- Configures OS and software deployment systems for use by other
Tier 1 support such as WDS, Smart deploy, BMC, or Deploy Studio.
- Able to use standard scripting languages and automation tools such
as PowerShell, ADSI, python.
- Automates common processes to drive consistency and reduce the
time taken for common tasks.
- Creates and establishes processes, procedures, and documentation
for all Tier 1 Staff to follow.
- Provision user accounts and application access based on
established access levels and onboarding / offborading procedures.
- Provide onsite and remote Tier 1 support for helpdesk tickets and
phone calls with the goal of solving the problem on first contact.
- Acts as a Tier 1 escalation point prior to being escalated to Tier 2.
- Keeps all hardware and software inventories up to date.
- Stays current with new trends in end user computing to recommend
device changes to support credit union staff.
- Responds and completes helpdesk tickets within the established SLA’s.
- Participates in the on-call rotation for the Credit Union.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of common PC hardware are beneficial.
- Knowledge of common desktop operating systems are beneficial.
- Knowledge of common helpdesk and desktop applications such as
Jira, O365, and Office are beneficial.
- Understanding of general TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, and client server
communications are beneficial.
- 5+ years of experience in a fast paced helpdesk role.
- An Associate’s degree in computer science or equivalent is beneficial.
- Experience scripting and automating common helpdesk tasks.
- Certifications such as A+, MCP, MCSA, and Office 365
Administration are beneficial.
- Superior analytical, planning, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task and be organized in a fast past environment.
- Exceptional customer service skills and willingness to help others.
- Promotes the credit unions core values.
- Ability to pick up new technology quickly and easily with minimal guidance.
- Able to communicate information clearly with all levels of staff
and management organization wide.
- Honesty, integrity, and transparency are required at all times.
- Ability to follow policy, procedure, and regulatory requirements.
- Willingness to participate in a 24X7 on call rotation as well as
work after hours as necessary.
- Standard office conditions.
- Low to moderate noise.
- Limited lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Weekly travel within Colorado is expected.
This description has been reviewed to ensure that only
essential functions and basic duties have been included.
Peripheral tasks, only incidentally related to each position, have
been excluded. Essential functions, requirements, skills, and
abilities included have been determined to be the minimal
standards required to successfully perform the positions. In no
instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and
requirements delineated be interpreted as all-inclusive.
Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by
supervisors as deemed appropriate.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is
possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably
accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will
be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the
employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the organization.
The Credit Union believes that each employee makes a
significant contribution to our success. That contribution should
not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this
job description is designed to outline primary duties,
qualifications, and job scope, but not limit the incumbent. It is
our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services
wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our
Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create
employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an
at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not
prohibited by law.