Responsible for the implementation, monitoring and upgrading of network and system hardware and software. Acts as a tier two escalation point for all network and systems related issues. Recommends hardware and software upgrades as it relates to normal system lifecycles.
- Implements, configures, updates, troubleshoots, and supports enterprise software such as active directory, Exchange, SQL, and both on premises and cloud based virtualization technologies.
- Implements, configures, updates, troubleshoots, and supports system level hardware including physical servers, PC’s, storage, backup hardware and related datacenter equipment.
- Develops and deploys all systems software and updates using industry standard tools and resources.
- Understanding of standard scripting languages such as PowerShell, python, vbscript, etc.
- Able to plan and execute all levels of deployments of systems from start to finish.
- Maintains enterprise level backups of all systems and infrastructure components to support credit union needs.
- Assists users in accessing, installing, and securing network resources. Provide phone, e-mail, and in-person support and training to end users ensuring their needs are met as a tier 2 escalation point.
- Inform management of area activities. Notify supervisor of system malfunctions and operating problems that cannot be corrected by routine procedures.
- Maintains system and network security and availability based on established and industry standard guidelines.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Keep availability of computer systems within the accepted range, and implement approved changes that will benefit the department and Credit Union.
- General understanding of network and security principles as related to systems infrastructure.
- Participates in an on call rotation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of Active Directory, storage, OS, Windows, and Linux.
- Knowledge of security best practices and standards.
- Understanding of Credit Union operations and output requirements a plus
- Industry standard certifications such as MCSE, CCNA, or equivalent a plus.
- 3 years related experience preferred.
- Strong customer service skills and willingness to assist others.
- Able to communicate complex information clearly and effectively.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Able to coordinate well with other departments and personnel.
- Standard office conditions.
- Low to moderate noise.
- Limited lifting up to 50 lbs.
This description has been reviewed to ensure that only essential functions and basic duties have been included. Peripheral tasks, only incidentally related to each position, have been excluded. Essential functions, requirements, skills, and abilities included have been determined to be the minimal standards required to successfully perform the positions. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements delineated be interpreted as all-inclusive. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the organization.
The Credit Union believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this job description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications, and job scope, but not limit the incumbent. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.
Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.