Responsible for receiving, reviewing, and processing loan applications for consumer mortgages, home equity, auto, credit card, and personal loans, while ensuring that members are promptly, and professionally served. Rely on expertise to resolve complex issues and exception, may engage with other internal resources for review and resolution.
- Responsible for loan generation and goals set forth by the Credit Union through in branch member traffic, and business development opportunities
- Conducts phone-based inbound and outbound sales calls to candidates for consumer loans
- Process loan applications, collect required documents, process loan documents including early disclosures
- Perform loan closings and perform system maintenance
- Responsible for ensuring our members have a fully protected loan by selling GAP, Auto Warranty, and Debt Protection
- Maintain member and Credit Union privacy and confidentiality
- Effectively review Credit Reports to recommend solutions for new and existing members
- Work with team members, management, departments, and business partners to promote a service culture that is focused on providing prompt, accurate and effective resolution of member service requests/transactions.
- Maintain effective control over functions performed by ensuring compliance with applicable regulations and corporate policies/procedures.
- Follow established procedures and best practices to ensure compliance with state, federal and applicable 3rd party service provider rules and regulations for products and/or services provided.
- Complete administrative tasks and duties in a timely manner.
- Accountable for the day to day interactions between members, coworkers, managers, volunteers.
- Support the organization through strict adherence to attendance and punctuality policies/guidelines. Provide input, feedback and development through ongoing mentoring, coaching, training and motivation of team members, regardless of grade, title or position within the company.
- Provide the highest quality of communications through a wide range of interactions - memos, letters, agendas, minutes, emails, texts, voicemail, meetings, and presentations.
- Completed high school diploma, GED or equivalent combination of formal training and experience
- Demonstrated proficiency of math, reading and writing, and problem solving skills
- Proficient keyboard and typing knowledge
- Comprehensive knowledge of valuing collateral to include auto and home
- Comprehensive knowledge of computer applications not limited to: Word, Excel, Outlook, other Microsoft Office products
- Financial system applications such as card management programs, Co-op, Traveling Member, Relationship Manager, etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Credit Unions products and services
- Knowledge of established guidelines, procedures, policies, and risks to the organization
- Three years of financial institution experience with a minimum of one year lendingexperience
- Clear communication, proficient math and typing skills
- Must have demonstrated sales/cross-selling skills
- Must have ability to handle multiple tasks
- Must have a professional appearance, dress, and attitude
- Standard office conditions
- Low to moderate noise
- Limited lifting up to 10 lbs.
This description has been reviewed to ensure that only essential functions and basic duties have been included. Peripheral tasks, only incidentally related to each position, have been excluded. Essential functions, requirements, skills, and abilities included have been determined to be the minimal standards required to successfully perform the positions. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements delineated be interpreted as all-inclusive. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the organization.
The Credit Union believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this job description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications, and job scope, but not limit the incumbent. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.
Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.