Interviews and evaluates loan requests for the purpose of making first mortgage loans. Takes appropriate actions and submits loan requests through automated underwriting. Originates and processes loans according to investor guidelines. Provides excellent service to both new and established members. This position contributes to a positive relationship between the community, member and the credit union.
- Provides excellent service to members
- Interviews loan applicants and assist members with the loan application including explanation of mortgage process and disclosures
- Obtains and evaluate required documents, i.e.; credit bureau reports, title work, appraisals, etc.
- Collect and verify accuracy of documentation from member
- Submit loan to underwriting for approval or denials. Explain reason for denial.
- Ensure each real estate loan is processed accurately, timely and completely
- Mail preliminary disclosures and provide explanations if needed
- Complete any additional processing if needed, submit any outstanding conditions and resubmit loan to underwriting
- Schedule closing with member, Title Company, doc prep and closer
- Print final preliminary disclosures, and complete fee sheet
- Submit complete file to doc prep 48 hours prior to closing
- Assist walk-in members and telephone inquires as needed
- Provide back-up for the V.P. or Mortgage Lending in their absence
- Develops relationships with realtors
- Assist in the marketing effort including SEG presentations, first time home buyer seminars and community functions
- Participates in on-going training classes and workshops
- Cross-sells credit union service
- Knows and follows credit union policies and procedures
- Respects confidentiality of information handled
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of state, federal, FannieMae/FreddieMac rules and regulations
- Knowledge of mortgage products and generally accepted underwriting guidelines
- Knowledge of loan policy, procedures and guidelines
- Proficient with Calyx Point, Desktop Underwriter and Loan Prospector
- Ability to work without supervision, multi-task and prioritize
- Knowledge of data processing on-line systems
- Substantial knowledge of credit union policies and services
- 1 year experience as loan interviewer
- 2 to 5 years experience in lending
- Clear verbal and written skills
- Ability to deal effectively and tactfully with members and staff at all levels
- Ability to communicate with members in common language
- Ability to deal with conflict and problem solve effectively
- Standard office conditions
- Low to moderate noise
- Limited lifting up to 10 lbs
This description has been reviewed to ensure that only essential functions and basic duties have been included. Peripheral tasks, only incidentally related to each position, have been excluded. Essential functions, requirements, skills, and abilities included have been determined to be the minimal standards required to successfully perform the positions. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements delineated be interpreted as all-inclusive. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the organization.
The Credit Union believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this job description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications, and job scope, but not limit the incumbent. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.
Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.